Do you need a quality fence for your enclosure, but aren’t really sure what to choose? We can definitely help you.
Choosing an electric fence can be a tough task – not too strong, not too weak, etc.
Here are a few useful tips from us, based on our day-to-day experience of electric fences:
Comparing electric fences:
The only way to compare different fences is by the output power, which is measured in joules. Many manufacturers quote both the output and the pulse and charging energy.
You should always look at the pulse energy, which is the power that comes out of the output terminals. It is easy to find the output power (pulse energy) of an Elephant electric fence.
For example, the M40: take the number 40 and divide by 10 = 4 joules. The M15 thus has pulse energy of 1.5 joules and the P1 has 0.1 joules of pulse energy.
- Choose a 230-volt electric fence if possible, there is no maintenance and you do not have to worry about recharging or changing the electric fence’s battery.
- If you do not have a 230-volt supply in the vicinity, choose a 6-9-12V electric fence.
- Solar cells for your electric fence solve the problem of always having to check your battery.
Which animals are to be enclosed:
- Our best-selling electric fence is the Elephant M40, which is an extremely versatile electric fence for professional use that keeps down undergrowth. It has been developed for horses, cattle and pigs.
- If you have goats, geese or sheep, we recommend the Elephant M65 /M65-D. The M65 is also designed for other animals with thick hair growth, fur or feathers.
- The M115-D / M115-A is our most powerful electric fence, and should be used in places with significant undergrowth, very large enclosures, in marshland and wet areas, by lakes, rivers or watercourses
Small enclosures or leisure use:
If you do not have a 230-volt power supply nearby, you should choose one of our mobile fences:
- The M15 has been developed for horse enclosures and is an electric fence that can be used for a number of different small enclosures and animals. (The M15 is not strong enough to keep down undergrowth).
- The M1 is a small electric fence that is ideal for keeping foxes out and chickens in.
Mobile or transportable electric fences:
- The A45 is one of the strongest 12-volt electric fences, and can be compared to the Elephant M40, so if you need to keep animals inside a large enclosure and really need a professional electric fence, the A45 is the one for you.
- The P1, P3 and P6-S are mobile electric fences for small enclosures and leisure use, supplied with an earth rod and ready to use as soon as you connect a 9-volt battery to the electric fence. Mobile electric fences make it easy to create small enclosures and move them as required.
- The A45, P1 and P3 models can be supplied with solar cell systems, which make the fences maintenance-free for most of the season.
- The Heliopan HS20 / HS50 is a mobile electric fence that is supplied complete with electric fence, solar cell, rechargeable battery and earth rod. All you have to do, once you have unpacked it and connected it to the enclosure, is to switch on the electric fence and it is up and running. The Heliopan is maintenance-free, economic to run and is powered 100% by solar energy